Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm back!

I know that it's been forever since I blogged, but I am hoping that things have settled enough that I can get back into the swing of things. We have been blessed in so many ways. It's been an incredible journey for our family to get to this place and situation. We've moved eight times in less than eight months! We feel that we are finally settled on the right path for our family...but something the last year has taught me is that the plans we make for ourselves aren't always the ones we end up actually completing, so I won't hold my breath. It seems that God has some plans for us that we just didn't see a year ago.

We live in Whittier, CA, within walking distance to Michael's school (yay!). We got really lucky getting into this apartment. Apparently the manager likes people from Utah, even if they don't have good credit...and the cute little kids helped seal the deal. Our apartment is huge (twice the size of our last one), in a nice neighborhood, our neighbors are quiet, and we have a reserved parking spot in a garage! The only upgrade I can imagine would be to have a washer and dryer in our apartment. As it is, we only have to walk it a short way to the laundry room, which I've never seen full when I wanted to do my laundry. I feel extremely happy here.

1 comment: