Friday, January 22, 2010

Half-way There!!

Just wanted to post and say how excited I am that today I am officially half-way through this pregnancy! Twenty weeks down, twenty to go. I must say that I think the first trimester is the hardest (exhaustion, morning sickness, and lack of appetite kill me), with the second being the best (no more morning sickness, more energy, little baby movements, and only slight discomforts compared to the third)...the third I just get impatient to have my baby. At this point I am officially not able to wear my pre-pregnancy pants, and my skirts are becoming an issue. I don't know how I made it through my first pregnancy without buying a prego skirt, but I did...I think I'm going to go shopping to get one as soon as some of this snow melts. I'm finding it hard to train my body to sleep on my side. I keep waking up in the middle of the night on my back (sooo comfy...but not since I know it's not good for baby). I keep acquiring more and more pillows to make sleeping more comfortable. I don't really have any cravings right now, but an odd thing is that I am actually able to eat yogurt (which I'm not usually a fan of...I can eat about one per year) and enjoy it. Jack and I share one most days, but lately he's been eating the whole thing by himself. Next thing to look forward to is a week from today. I have my ultrasound scheduled for 8am; that normally would have me complaining because I like to sleep later than that, but the excitement to see my baby and find out his/her gender outweighs the dread of waking up early...it's worth it. Anyway, that's the prego update...next one will be coming shortly after the ultrasound, I'm sure.

2 comments:

  1. How exciting Mary! Can't wait to hear what your next little peanut will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to hear what you're having!! Glad your enjoying your "honeymoon" phase of pregnancy! :)

    ReplyDelete