Every week I do an exchange with my friend, Nicole. I watch her kids for a couple hours one day, and she watches my kids for a couple hours a different day. Maren is about 6 months older than Jack and Lauren is a week or two older than Daisy. This week I felt extra energized and organized, so instead of free play and a movie (bad habit I blame on the morning sickness) I had some fun activities planned for the kiddos.
Maren brought Play-Doh to share, so we played with that first.
She looks kind of sad here, but really they had a good time.
Before Maren and Lauren arrived, I traced Jack's hands and feet (and my hand) and made these cutouts from some felt that had a sticky back. We chose where to put our hands and feet and stuck them to the floor.
We stomped on them.
And found different colors.
We played our version of Spin the Bottle with this cup. Whoever the cup pointed to got to pull out a piece of paper and we followed the instructions it gave. We played Ring Around the Rosie, flew like airplanes, gave each other hugs, and spun around among other things.
Then we cut holes in these cereal boxes and wore them like shoes.
It took a lot of skill.
They each took turns falling down.
After that we made the holes bigger and picked out some stuffed animals for our "cars".
This was probably the most fun they had. They raced and crashed all over the house.
They slid really fast on the kitchen floor.
And both were declared winners!
Jack found my camera while I was occupied elsewhere. This is one of the many pictures I got from his trigger happy fingers.
Daisy played cute as could be.
And Lauren was even convinced to let me put her down for a good 15 minutes to play.
It was a fun day and I'm already looking forward to planning some more activities for next week.
Your kids so remind me of Michael. It is uncanny. Ha ha!
ReplyDeleteUm, I love this post. One of my faves!!!!! And it gives me great ideas for my kids. I love the activities. And your adorable kidos are just too cute!!!!!
ReplyDeleteKimbi, you should check out toddlertoddler.com. That's where I got my ideas. There are a ton more too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the idea with the cereal boxes!
ReplyDelete