Saturday, May 7, 2011

Knott's Berry Farm

Michael had two weeks off from school between trimesters. We had a lot of fun as a family. We set out to visit Disneyland, but last minute changed our plans and went to Knott's Berry Farm. It was really fun and Jack was able to ride quite a few rides as they are geared more towards younger children in Camp Snoopy.


Jack's favorite ride was the airplane one. It was a cool weekday (thus the sweatshirts/jackets) so the park wasn't very busy. Shorter lines = happiness. 


There was a random cage full of birds, which Jack simply loved.


Not the best picture, but Jack is driving the truck


This bus just went around like a ferris wheel...not Jack's favorite. I think it kind of freaked him out.


And this ride had no line...for a reason. It was really boring, can you tell?


Michael shot some hoops and won a little teddy bear for Daisy.


She held on to it almost constantly after that. LOVED it!


We played in the arcade some.


Jack shot some hoops.


Jack and his first real cotton candy.


Yum!


This man was really cool. We had him make a sign for our family. It holds a lot of meaning for us. Hummel means bumblebee in German. We had him write the symbols for "bumblebee" and "hive or nest" meaning "the Hummel Home". It's now hanging on our wall. I'll have to take a picture of the finished product and post it on here too....a later post.


The kids met Peppermint Patty.


Jack even got a hug.


Jack and I rode the Kellogg's car.


It went fast around the corner. All in all a fun day. We were all pooped by the end and both kids slept on the drive home, even though it's only 15 minutes away. We had such a fun time, we went back a second time that week (but I forgot my camera).

3 comments:

  1. Love the post!!!! I am glad you had a good time and that you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute pictures of a super fun family! I'm glad you had some fun during the time off of school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I love that the cotton candy is about as big as Jack. :)

    ReplyDelete