Ok, it's finally time to get this blog entry posted...I've been working on it for a week now. We found out last weekend that I'm pregnant again! Surprise! Totally unplanned...thus the title of this blog. Here are some of my jumbled thoughts about it:
I'd been wondering for a week or so. I got a stomach bug that seemed to linger but I was in denial that I could be pregnant. We'd been preventing. I was thinking I am not ready to have another pregnancy or have another child. Two may be enough for me (even though deep down I knew I wasn't done at two). We were planning on waiting until Daisy was maybe two or so to even think of becoming pregnant again.
All I can do is trust that Heavenly Father must know that I really need this because I certainly don't have that knowledge yet. Even though I think I'm not ready for the adults to be outnumbered, I guess Heavenly Father thinks otherwise.
As I've thought about it almost constantly over that last week I am starting to get pretty excited about things. We already have both a boy name and a girl name picked out (no middle names yet). Those names will be discussed in a later post.
I am handling the nausea quite a bit better this time around...so far...knock on wood. Every few hours I start to feel the nausea coming on so I quickly sneak a bite to eat of whatever's handy. I'm loving the veggies and dip right now. So convenient, tasty, and make me feel good and healthy.
Hips are killing me already, but let's stay positive.
Jack and Daisy love each other so much that I'm excited to watch the love increase with an addition.
I went to get pregnancy verification (for insurance purposes) Tuesday and actually felt relieved that the test came back positive...I didn't realize that I was worried that it may be all in my head.
What if I'm having twins? But I probably just feel huge already because my body is getting so used to being pregnant that I blow up as soon as I conceive. :) Ah the joys of pregnancy.
Since writing some of the above, I'd like to mention that morning sickness sometimes doesn't care if you eat a little something all the time...sometimes you're still going to feel sick despite your best efforts. Lucky me.
Looks like my due date is 11/1/11 unless someone tells me otherwise.
How the heck am I going to go grocery shopping with three kids?
Wow. What an amazing challenge. I love you, Mar!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cool due date! And sounds like quite the surprise! I think you're right, Heavenly Father knows what a great mother you are and that you can totally handle this. Me, on the other hand, he makes wait and beg a year or more because he knows I'm never ready when I think I am. ha ha
ReplyDeleteIf I figure out any secrets to grocery shopping with 3 kids, I'll let you know. My plan is to do it when I don't have to have all 3 . . . or bribe like crazy. ;)
Super excited for you guys!
You inspire me! I'm so nervous about getting pregnant and having kids but you are so positive and your kids are SO CUTE! I should just enjoy that I'm not morning sick and be excited for the time when I am. You're so cute Mar, I just love you! And I'm grateful that we're sisters. ;)
ReplyDelete