Friday, March 6, 2009

It's what you've all been waiting for...my most very first ever blog!

Why people would be interested in reading a blog by me is beyond my understanding... excepting, of course, that you are interested in seeing the handsomest little man ever. That's the main reason I have even agreed to do a blog is so that I can show off little Jack. Occasionally I will talk about Michael or myself, but mostly this is the little Peanut's blog. So I guess I should start off with a little overview of his life up till now and then I'll work to keep this thing updated with pictures and fun stories of the cute things that he does.


After 18 hours of labor (an hour and a half pushing ), Jack Blaine Hummel was born on January 8, 2009 at 3:46 a.m. His lucky number is eight. He was born on the 8th, weighing 8 lbs. 8 oz, and was 18 1/2 in. long.















We can't decide who he looks like. The little lunchmouth has a big head which we think he inherited from my dad. At his 2-week appt, his head was 38 1/2 cm in circumference. That boy is working on holding his huge noggin up, but it's like an orange on a toothpick! He has Michael's dad's eyes and definitely my ears and nose. Quite a few of our friends have said that he's looking more and more like Michael every day. We'll see...I think he just looks like Jack.

Jack is a really sweet little baby. He's pretty chill most of the time. When he gets hungry he lets out a little yell and then waits for us to respond. It's only if we don't respond that he'll start crying. He is starting to smile more and interact with us. A few days ago he laughed for the first time. I got so excited that I yelled to Megan (Michael's sister who lives here in Flagstaff) and startled Jack by talking so loudly and energetically. His eyes got big and he went quiet after that...oh well.

2 comments:

  1. My goodness! He's getting big. I especially loved the video of him in the swing!! What a cute boy!!! I miss him, and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for a blog by you!! I am way better about keeping up on blogs than facebook for some reason. Jack is such a cutie!! And don't worry, my blog is all about our little one too! We just can't help it!! :) You have a very cute family, Mary, and I love how happy you look!

    ReplyDelete