Sunday, August 7, 2011

Montebello Barnyard Zoo

Last week I took the kids to the Montebello Barnyard Zoo with some friends. Jack and Maren rode the carousel together.

It was a little carousel and was in definite need of some music.

Jack was just staring around the whole time, but Maren's face full of excitement made the ride totally worth every penny. Here you can get a feel for her enjoyment. She was thrilled!

Turtle.

More turtle.

Cow.

This was by far my favorite animal. Jack even fed the zebra.

My favorite part was when I went over to pet the zebra and the zebra started chomping on a little kid's shirt....hehehe.

Pig.

Birds.

Daisy loved to splash in the puddles. She's such a free spirit, wandering wherever her little feet take her.

Look at those horns.

He had to turn his head all over and work at getting his horns through the bars.

After the zoo, we went to a playground that was next door.

Swingin'.

They had a water playground that the kids were just aching to play in. I, being unprepared for that, just stripped Daisy down and borrowed a swimmer.

And Jack just played in his clothes.

My kiddos LOVE water.

Naked.

Jack was eyeing this water gun the whole time we were there. It was always occupied by a kid until a few minutes before we were leaving. Jack finally got his turn and loved turning the water on all the other kids.

3 comments:

  1. What a super fun day you had! I love kids and water....love love love! Jack looked a little worried on the swing;-) They are both growing so fast! So cute! Thanks for the picture dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So do your kids have your little ears? Can you tell yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kath, so far their ears are not noticably tiny...we'll see, but I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete